One Member One Vote
As a member, your $25.00 membership investment means you have an ownership stake. You have the right to vote for our Board of Directors, which gives you a voice in the future of our credit union. Our members are our shareholders, and our commitment is to serving you better.
We believe that our member/owners are the driving force of our business and the communities we live in! We are committed to keeping your money local – investing in the same local businesses, programs and people that matter to you. Your role, as owner, helps to keep decisions local and based on local realities. Member involvement in the election is critical in maintaining Northern’s success, the values upon which the Credit Union system was founded and, to improve the lives of all our Northern Owners.
From March 23, 2020 – April 3, 2020, have your say.
Who is eligible to vote?
- All Northern members, in good standing, over the age of 18
- Members must have a fully funded, $25.00 member share, by March 1, 2020
- A business, corporation or partnership, is required to appoint an individual to vote on their behalf. Please complete a proxy form and return to any branch, no later than March 1, 2020
- If the appointed proxy, is also a Member (personal member), they may vote on their own behalf as well as for the business, corporation or partnership they represent.
Ready to Vote?
- Voting opens on March 23, 2020 and closes April 3, 2020
- A link to the secure voting platform will be found on Northern’s website: https://www.northerncu.com/personal/
- In order to access the voting platform, you will require your member number and your date of birth
- Please note – every member has their own unique member number (it is not determined by joint accounts)
- If you do not know your member number please refer to your bank statement, online banking profile, branch or call the True North Hub at 1-866 – 413 – 7071 (this number starts with 7)
What Will You be Voting On?
- Directors for Northern’s Board – 4 positions for 3-year terms and 1 position for a 1-year term
- One By-Law Amendment