Village Media & Northern partner to launch free rate comparison tool
Northern Ontario Rate Market (NORM) is an all in-one, intuitive online tool providing Northerners with regional competitive rates on financial products and services. Unlike other financial comparison websites, NORM is dedicated to showcasing more than 20 Northern Ontario financial institutions (FI).
NORM seeks to make the research and selection process simple for consumers by providing them with an easy-to-use platform. Partnering with Northern Credit Union, Village Media created NORM to allow users to compare products from across the region and display the lowest rates available, facilitating/streamlining the sign-up process.
- NORM is a regional online tool that provides competitive rates for residents of Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, North Bay and Timmins.
- Launching the first week of October, NORM will be available via Village Media websites.
- NORM presents a sorted list of fixed and variable mortgage rates catered to consumers’ needs.
- NORM also showcases savings account rates and term deposit rates.
- Rates from every FI in the region are shown on NORM (by specific city), provided the FI has at least one physical branch located within one of the five major cities in the region.
- Consumers can search rates and filter results.
- Initial FI’s include:
|Northern Credit Union||Bay Credit Union|
|Nexus Community Credit Union||Copperfin Credit Union|
|Community First Credit Union||Ukranian Credit Union|
|Voyageurs Credit Union||Caisse Populaire North Bay Ltée|
|Sudbury Credit Union||L’Alliance Des Caisses Populaire De L’Ontario|
|Northridge Savings and Credit Union||Bank of Montreal|
|Ontario Civil Service Credit Union||Royal Bank of Canada|
|My Credit Union||Scotiabank|
|Rapport Credit Union||HSBC Bank|
|TD Canada Trust||Laurentian Bank o PC Financial|
Check out NORM at northernontarioratemarket.com.