Member Notice: COVID -19
Are you prepared to do your banking from home?
With the rising concern of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we encourage all members to ensure that they are protected. To avoid any interruption in service and for your financial and physical well-being, we encourage you to have access to all of our remote banking solutions.
Ask us how to set-up online and mobile banking today, by calling us at our True North Hub at 1-866-413-7071.
March 20, 2020 Update
We have made the decision to temporarily close the following locations for in-branch member services, effective Monday March 23, 2020:
- Coniston –The Garson Branch, located nearby is available for in-branch services.
- Petawawa – The Pembroke Branch, located nearby is available for in-branch services.
- Second Line –The McNabb Branch, located nearby is available for in branch services.
Members are asked to utilize our self-service options or the True North Hub at 1-866-413-7071. Staff will be reallocated to other areas of our business to assist in member needs.
We appreciate your understanding and continued support as we adjust our business practices to support our staff and members.
BE AWARE OF SCAMS RELATED TO COVID-19.
Common Types of COVID-19 Scams
- Unsolicited calls, e-mails and texts giving medical advice or requesting urgent action or payment.
- Fraudulent charities requesting money for victims, products or research.
- Door-to-door salespeople selling household decontamination services.
- Private companies offering fast COVID-19 tests for sale.
- Fraudulent websites about COVID-19 that prompt you to download malicious content.
To view a full listing of COVID-19 related scams please visit:
- Only use trusted sources for COVID-19 related information:
- World Health Organization - https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Public Health Agency - https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health.htm
- Do not divulge any personal information such as date of birth, social insurance numbers or account information to individuals you do not recognize or have not contacted. Providing this information can be used to commit identity theft.
- Ask a lot of questions, especially when the contact is unsolicited.
- Be very cautious / skeptical of any emails, text messages, or website addresses that contain spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Scammers/fraudsters will encourage you and, in some cases, force immediate action on an issue.
March 19, 2020 Update
Northern Credit Union is committed to support members through these unprecedented times. Being a True North partner means we will continue to work with all individual and small business members on a case by case basis to offer flexible solutions. This support may include up to a 6 month deferral on mortgages and payment relief on other credit products. We encourage members who are concerned about the impact of Coronavirus to contact their local branch or the True North Hub at 1-866-413-7071.
At this time, branches remain open. However, a number of branches will not be operating during extended hours such as evenings and weekends until further notice. Click here to see your branches updated hours.
At Northern Credit Union, the health and safety of our staff and members is our top priority. As the situation with COVID – 19 (Coro-navirus) continues to evolve and change, our goal as an organization is to continue to provide our members with the products and services they require while protecting your health and safety.
At Northern, we understand that our members financial needs continue, despite these unprecedented times, and we assure you that our top priority is to help make a difference.
HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
At this time, branches remain open. However, the following branches will not be operating during extended hours such as evenings and weekends until further notice:
(Operating hours will be Monday to Friday closing at 5 pm.)
- North Bay
- Sault Ste. Marie, McNabb
- Sault Ste. Marie, Second Line
- Sudbury, Long Lake Road
- Thunder Bay, Arthur Street
- Thunder Bay, Red River
Additional reduction in hours may occur, continue to check our website for complete and up to date information.
Our employees are available to support you, in person, online and over the telephone. We encourage all members who are feeling ill or have traveled to a high-risk area to avoid visiting our branch locations and use other forms of banking available to you.
We know many members will have questions. You may experience unusual wait times. We thank you in advance for your patience as we work to answer all our members’ questions.
In the event that we are required to close one or all our branches, a notice will be posted on the door and on our website. To find the closest branch please visit our branch locator or contact our True North Hub at 1-866-413-7071.
Northern offers members many self-serve options to serve you better. If you are unable to access the branch, you can still complete all your banking needs in the following ways:
Mobile Banking/Online Banking
With the Northern Credit Union Mobile App and Online Banking, you can:
- Check your account balances and account activity
- Pay bills
- Deposit cheques using Deposit Anywhere™
- Transfer money between accounts
- Manage scheduled payments and transfers
- Check the latest interest rates
- Send or receive an Interac® e-Transfer, or add an Interac e-Transfer recipient
- Find your closest branch or ATM
- Access True Business Online Banking functions (available to Authorized Signers only): view, approve, and reject transfers and bill payments.
Available 24/7, it’s the most convenient way to bring Northern Credit Union to you.
Open an Account or Apply For A Loan Online
Northern also offers members and non-members an easy and convenient way to open an account or apply for a loan online. Your financial future is waiting! Open multiple accounts and apply for a lending product all at the same time.
Simply click here to get started:
TRUE NORTH HUB
At Northern Credit Union, we’re always looking for ways to deliver a better banking experience. The True North Hub definitely fits the bill. The Hub dramatically improves access to your money along with the many Northern services you’ve come to rely on.
The Hub Puts You Front and Centre
- Extended Hours: Now you can speak with us even after your branch closes
- Online Technical Support: Get all your tech-related queries answered with our on-demand, online technical support
- Phone transactions, account updates, ordering products — it’s all just a phone call away
- Best of all, you’re guaranteed to speak to a live, in-person Northern employee. Contact Us At: 1-866-413-7071
- Please note: Call wait times may increase, during these unprecedented times. We thank you for your patience as we work to serve every member.
The Hub Hours of Operation
Monday: 8am - 6pm
Tuesday: 8am - 6pm
Wednesday: 8am - 7pm
Thursday: 8am - 7pm
Friday: 8am - 6pm
Saturday: 8am - 4pm
Here is some additional information specific to key areas of our business that you may be interested in:
Deposit Insurance: https://www.fsrao.ca/consumers/deposit-insurance-and-credit-unions/deposit-insurance-whats-covered
Credit Cards: https://www.northerncu.com/personal/credit-cards/