REGISTERED DISABILITY SAVINGS PLANS (RDSPs)
An RDSP is a savings plan designed to help parents and individuals save for the long-term financial security of a person eligible for the disability tax credit. While not tax deductible, the federal government will match every dollar contributed with up to $3 (if family income is below $87,123) care of the Canada Disability Savings Grant.
People living on a low income (less than $25,356) are also eligible to earn $1000 each year for 20 years under the Canada Disability Savings Bond – amounting to an excellent return on investment that is exempt from most provincial disability and income assistance benefits. For more information, contact your local Wealth Management branch today.
- Anyone can contribute to an RDSP
- Every $1 is matched with up to $3 from the government (if family income < $87,123)
- Low income individuals may be eligible for an additional $1000 a year for 20 years
- Exempt from most provincial disability and income assistance benefits
- No restrictions on how RDSP withdrawals are spent
Please visit your local branch or call 1-866-413-7071 (Mon-Fri, 9-5pm) to talk to a Northern Advisor.
*Northern Wealth Management is a program provided by Credential Financial Strategies Inc. offering financial planning, life insurance and investments to members of credit unions and their communities. Trade-mark(s) of Northern Wealth Management are used under license by Credential Financial Strategies Inc.