2021 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Your role, as an owner, helps to keep decisions local and based on local realities. You have the right to vote for our Board of Directors, and bylaws, which gives you a voice in the future of our credit union. COVID – 19 has required our organization to adjust many of our processes, including our 2021 Annual General Meeting (AGM). This year members from all of our “Northern” communities can experience Northern’s 2021 AGM, from the comfort of their home or office. Members who wish to attend must register under the “Registration” tab. Once you are registered you will receive a personal invitation to join! Hope to see you there. We encourage members to review the reports and to forward any questions they may have to the Corporate Secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to participate in Northern Credit Union’s Annual General Meeting, you must be a member in good standing. Following the completion of your registration, it will be submitted to us for approval. Once our team has validated your credit union membership, you will receive a personalized link to join the meeting on April 16th, 2021. This process can take up to 72 hours to complete.
*REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED*
MEMBER REGISTRATION DETAILS
- Only members in good standing, who have registered in advance of the AGM, will be provided with a personalized Webex Invitation (by email) to join the Virtual AGM.
- Registration is to be completed through Northern’s website which will be available from March 12, 2021, through April 12, 2021.
- The deadline for registration is Monday, April 12th.
- The WebEx invitation cannot be shared with anyone. Additional members wishing to attend the meeting are asked to complete the registration process. A personalized link will be forwarded to them individually.
- Members are encouraged to download the Webex app in advance of the actual meeting date.
JOINING THE MEETING
- Members are encouraged to join up to 30 minutes (2:30 pm to 3:00 pm) before the meeting is called to order.
- Attendees who have joined the meeting will be placed in a “Waiting Room” on mute until the meeting is called to order at 3:00 PM promptly.
- The meeting will be hosted by a designated moderator.
- During the meeting, attendees will be in a listen-only mode. This will eliminate any distractions.
- Slides will be presented during the meeting. The slides will display key information including motions that require voting.
- There will be no motions put forward from the floor.
- Only eligible members can vote on motions presented during the meeting.
- When a motion is put forth to be passed, a mover and seconder from the registration list will be selected in advance.
- Motions will be tabled for the ‘call to vote’ through the poll feature within the WebEx event, all attendees will select, through the polling feature, whether they approve or are opposed.
- The Moderator will display and announce the results immediately following the poll
- Members are welcome to raise any questions they may in advance on the AGM. Email questions to email@example.com
- In addition, there will be a Question and Answer period, during the meeting, as noted on the Agenda. If you wish to ask a question, go to the Q&A feature
- Identify yourself by name and branch
- Submit the question
- The moderator will then direct this information to the Chair of the Board who will direct the question to the appropriate person. If multiple questions are the same, there will only be one answer provided in the response.
- Any questions not addressed during the designated question period will be reviewed and answered after the meeting.